Friday, April 22, 2011

Kuan-Zhai Alley in ChengDu

Year 2010-12
The famous Kuan-Zhai Alley in Chengdu, which literally means the wide and narrow lanes, is a well-preserved old architectural structures that have been implanted with modern decoration, trendy restaurants, eat-outs in a bustling Chengdu city.


Back at where I live, there is nothing but a culture-deprived desert in the busy, sleepless and yet lonely, boring silicon valley. Well, there is only so much hype that can be generated by the next coolest software and iPad 2. :)


Back home, I find myself tolerate well with the quiet and yet busy life style as is. Well, if you are given lemons, might as well make them into lemonade. All that depressed desire only makes me much easily surrender with the rich culture and the mysteries of old China, lifestyle or its architecture.


Every so often, my friends and I find temporary escape to the very limited number of trendy bars and nice restaurants around here. But, things get old very fast unfortunately. All that disappointment and unsatisfied desire for a more colorful life only make the remedy found in my trips back to China ever more effective and fascinating.


Street performance! Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment